|Current version: 126.96.36.199
Released: 16th June 2013
|Help me improve
|| » Change log
||Released: Sunday 16th June 2013
- Added: Holding the ALT key when clicking on DLE window's Disc pane column header will now remove the sort order (so they're then essentially sorted by addition order).
- Added: Ability to incrementally search the Explorer pane in the 'Disc Layout Editor' window.
- Added: The effective USB connection speed (1.1, 2.0, 3.0) for USB devices to the initial device scan log entries.
- Added: Log entry when burning showing the effective layer break position.
- Added: Log entry when burning that shows the number of discs a Lite-On drive thinks it has burnt.
- Added: Pioneer drives now list their 'Kernel Version' next to the firmware version.
- Added: The Windows 7+ taskbar button/progress display now turns red if an I/O error box pops up during a read/write (etc.) operation.
- Added: The ability to set the 'Platform ID' when building a bootable disc - thus enabling the creation of UEFI bootable discs.
- Added: Internal version of the 'BurnerMax Payload' code (well, what I could figure out) to allow for overburning DVD+R DL on many MediaTek chipset based drives. In practice, this only seems to work on Lite-On (and clone) drives that have 'Force HyperTuning' enabled.
- Added: MSF info to the 'Sector Viewer' tool.
- Added: Allow for larger I/O buffer (1GB).
- Added: Option to pick the transfer size (32KB -> 512 KB) used when reading / writing files.
- Added: Option to enable/disable the OS's buffering when writing image files.
- Added: Ability to make the Explorer pane in the DLE window 'Read Only'.
- Added: Support for Opus audio compression format.
- Added: Support for TAK lossless audio compression format (including embedded CUE sheets).
- Added: Ability to use a '*' wildcard for 'backup list' directory entries in an IBB project file (applies to Advanced input mode).
- Added: A few keyboard shortcuts to the DLE window. (Ctrl+Shift+C = New Disc (Clear), Ctrl+Shift+D = Add Folder (Directory), Ctrl+Shift+F = Add Files, Ctrl+Shift+N = New Folder)
- Changed: No longer bundling/offering the Ask.com toolbar in the setup program, OpenCandy now handles product offerings during installation.
- Changed: Buffered I/O is now enabled by default for reading/writing files.
- Changed: Update the splashscreen logo.
- Changed: The 'Delete' option/button in the Disc Layout Editor has been renamed to 'Remove' so it matches the one in Standard input mode (and so people aren't put off by the term 'Delete' - thinking it'll actually delete the file on their hard drive).
- Changed/Fixed: Detect oversized UDF File Entry descriptors and don't attempt to parse them.
- Changed/Fixed: Restore 'Disc Layout Editor' window's focus when the application becomes active.
- Changed/Fixed: Workaround for the new 16x LG Blu-ray writers that report the wrong (a truncated) current write speed value in the 'GET PERFORMANCE' response when burning at 16x.
- Changed/Fixed: Workaround for newer LG drives with the 'Silent Play' feature that seem to ignore attempts to set the read speed via the 'SET STREAMING' command. They get fixed on 1x and won't read any faster!
- Changed/Fixed: Attempt to block users from trying to write discs their 'combo' drive doesn't support (i.e. a DVD+RW/BD-ROM combo drive trying to burn BD-R).
- Changed/Fixed: Potential errors were being ignored/lost when setting a 'changeable' layer break position to its current/maximum value. The program now reports them.
- Changed/Fixed: Tweaked the 'browse for folder/file' dialog code to hopefully stop the OS from throwing up a 'There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive X:.' error when the MRU location is a drive that no longer has a disc in it.
- Changed/Fixed: Reworked some commands that could optionally not use 'Immediate I/O'. Old code could fall back to 'Non-Immediate I/O' and loose the initial error message from the 'Immediate I/O' version of the command.
- Changed/Fixed: Made an adjustment (potential bug fix) to my drag+drop component's code. It may cut down on crashes / weird things happening as a result of the user having performed a d+d operation.
- Changed/Fixed: 'Shutdown Computer' checkboxes should have read 'Shut Down Computer'.
- Changed/Fixed: Recently added 'MID' info to was missing from the disc info text in Read / Verify modes.
- Fixed: Cosmetic issue displaying numbers when the user's 'thousands separator' is set to nothing.
- Fixed: Displaying wrong firmware subversion on newer LG Blu-ray drives (BH14+).
- Fixed: Memory leak when burning Audio CDs that use DirectShow for decoding.
- Fixed: Memory leak when burning an Audio CDs where the files are already in the correct format for burning (no decode required).
- Fixed: Potential access violation when reading a field in a UDF 'File Set Descriptor'.
- Fixed: Old (orphaned) AWS related registry/ini file entries were being left behind - this was perfectly fine, it's just nice to keep the place tidy!
- Fixed: DLE Window's Disc Toolbar wasn't being resized for higher DPI systems - meaning the buttons weren't fully visible.
- Fixed: When outputting Mode2/Form1/2352 from Build mode, the program didn't take into account any additional data type conversion required for the drive - this could produce a corrupt disc.
||Released: Thursday 29th March 2012
- Added: Additional info (service name and driver version for hard disk controllers) to the 'Family Tree' text.
- Added: 'Supported Read Speeds' to the disc info text in Read/Verify modes.
- Added: New log entry (when burning DVD-RAM/HD DVD-RAM/BD-RE) showing the current state of the 'Hardware Defect Management' feature on the drive. When active, the drive would 'normally' take longer to burn a disc due to the automatic 'verify after write' process.
- Added: Option to use the system default language. When an exact match cannot be found (i.e. the correct translation file is missing from the Languages folder), the program will attempt a partial match.
- Added: Ability to perform LiteOn's SmartErase functions.
- Added: Show 'MID' in the 'Disc Information' section of the text on the right - easier to find and always available under the same heading.
- Added: Ability to translate the image/disc size values on the recently added 'Overburn / Truncate' prompt.
- Added/Changed: When reading Q sub-channel data fails, the program will attempt to read RAW sub-channel data (and deinterleave it to get Q) instead.
- Added/Changed: Option to include 'Burn using ImgBurn' file association entries in whatever's the default progid of a given file extension - previously, this was done by default.
- Changed: When renaming an item in the Disc pane of the DLE window (on Vista+), the program will now exclude the file extension from the initially selected text.
- Changed: Renaming items in the Explorer pane of the DLE window is now also possible via the 'normal' method of a single mouse click on a selected item (rather than just pressing F2).
- Changed: Default size of I/O Buffer. (Less than 1GB RAM = 20MB, Less than 2GB RAM = 40MB, Everything else = 80MB)
- Changed: When the drive fails to read a block of sectors in Read/Verify mode, the program will now log the error it returned before attempting to read them one by one (so the original error message doesn't go unreported).
- Changed: Reverted to using original/basic messagebox for overburn question when in Build/Discovery modes.
- Changed: Split the DVD/HD DVD/BD Video reading of various files to obtain a volume label into their own options rather than them all using a single one in the DVD Video section.
- Changed: Tweaked some code that generates the volume label suggestion on DVD/HD DVD/BD Video builds.
- Changed/Fixed: When CCD image layout file creation is enabled, PreGap sectors will be converted/added to 'Index 0' sectors and included within the IMG file.
- Changed/Fixed: Workaround for infinite loop issue with some virtual drives caused by incorrect info being returned for the 'READ SUB CHANNEL' command.
- Changed/Fixed: The autoloader 'Auto Abort On Error' option didn't apply to Read mode.
- Changed/Fixed: Workaround for buggy (LG) drives that return 'Invalid Field in CDB' rather than 'Invalid Field in Parameter List' in response to a certain command.
- Fixed: Default Overburning Method always reverts to 'Overburn'.
- Fixed: Creating MDS files when it shouldn't have been.
- Fixed: Changing the number of copies required for an image (on the Write Queue window) that was currently being burnt didn't update the value displayed in the progress window.
- Fixed: Bug parsing the metadata in WAV files.
- Fixed: Clicking the email link in the about box (and 'ok' on the prompt) didn't fire up default email client as it should have done (it did nothing).
- Fixed: Problem with long initial file names causing an 'error 0x3002' prompt to be displayed and preventing open/save dialog boxes from opening under XP (and probably older OS's).
- Fixed: Potential false positive in code that detects BCD within the RAW TOC returned from a CD.
- Fixed: When reading from an 'Advanced Format' drive with 4k (physical AND logical) sectors, the program could pop up an error (invalid parameter?) at the end of a burn/verify operation. Clicking 'Retry' would allow it to complete successfully though.
- Fixed: Read/Verify modes weren't exporting graph data to the file name specified via CLI.
- Fixed: The last digit in a CD's MCN was wrong.
- Fixed: Potential crash when displaying the 'Overburn' dialog from within Build mode.
- Fixed: Potential crash when the 'Optimise Duplicate Files' option is enabled.
||Released: Tuesday 4th October 2011
- Added: Option to truncate image (not physically!) when burning to a smaller disc rather than always attempting to overburn.
- Added: New 'Create BDMV Folders' option to the Blu-ray Video options in Build mode. This ensures the BDMV folder contains all the basic folders required for successful playback in PowerDVD.
- Added: New 'Clear Bin Status' button to the Auto Loader Control window. This only applies to Generic auto loaders and tells them to revert to using the first lot of input/output bins.
- Added: Workaround for autoloaders that don't report an error when the input bin is empty and cause the program to keep loading and unloading non-existent media as part of a batch mode read/queued write operation.
- Added: Option to log skipped 'non archive' files/folders in Build mode - files without their 'archive' attribute set (this is nothing to do with zip, rar files etc. !).
- Added: Workaround for Wine bug #22079 - http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=22079
- Added: Workaround for Wine bug #27559 - http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=27559
- Added: 'Show Interleaved Cells' option that makes the program include interleaved cells in the 'create/select layer break position' dialog.
- Added: Filtering of '.miniso', 'desktop.ini' and a few 'thumbnail cache' type files when building DVD Audio or DVD/HD DVD/BD Video discs.
- Added: The 'Device Capabilities' window now also shows if 'Binding Nonce Generation' and 'Bus Encryption Capable' features are supported.
- Added: Detection of Wine version being used - now displayed next to the normal OS info in the log window.
- Added: Workaround for Wine bug #27470 - http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=27470
- Added: Support for building '.miniso' image files ( http://www.dvdfab.com/miniso.htm ) - used by DVDFab Virtual Drive.
- Added: Option to not show the 'Test mode not/might not be support' warning message.
- Added: Remember and restore the MRU source path (when adding/browsing for files) in the 'Create CUE/DVD/MDS File' windows.
- Added: Prompt when the user may have made an error by enabling the 'Patch Boot Information Table' option when using a boot image that's over 1MB in size.
- Added: Option to control the 'retry for remaining copies' / 'try burning image again before trying next image' prompts.
- Added: Pressing the 'Enter' key in the Disc/Files box the Disc Layout Editor window will now navigate to the first selected child folder.
- Added: Basic detection of an attempt to build an MP3 Audio disc (along the same lines as the existing DivX detection but with *.mp3 files rather than *.avi).
- Added: An extra 'underburning' prompt when burning a BD-R sized image to a BD-R DL/TL/QL disc (and a BD-R DL sized image to a BD-R TL disc etc.).
- Added: Support for detecting BDXL capabilities in a drive.
- Added: Support for some 'Generic' auto loaders that use a COM port for robot communications.
- Added: Prompt for the user to select an Auto Loader's 'Associated Drives' if none could be detected automatically.
- Added: Prompt when the user may have made an error by enabling the 'Patch Boot Information Table' option when building a Vista/Windows 7/Windows 2008 bootable installation disc (i.e. using an 'ETFSBOOT.COM' boot image).
- Added: An extra 'underburning' prompt when burning a DVD sized image (non BD Video) to a BD-R disc.
- Added: You can now double click a 'Destination File:' or 'Source File:' log entry (whilst holding down the CTRL key) to open up its containing folder in Explorer.
- Added: Prompt when the user may have made an error in the 'Sectors To Load' field when building a Vista/Windows 7/Windows 2008 bootable installation disc. (Should be 4 for a 2KB ETFSBOOT.COM file and 8 for a 4KB one)
- Added: Option to log skipped 'filtered' files/folders in Build mode - i.e. from within folders like the VIDEO_TS one where only IFO/BUP/VOB files are allowed.
- Added: Feature to display the 'Family Tree' of a device - i.e. which controller it's connected to.
- Added: Support for detecting the Cyberlink UDF 2.50+ filter driver on Windows XP systems - and thus not displaying the warning about a UDF 2.50+ formatted disc potentially being unreadable.
- Added: Workaround for (proper) Pioneer burners not reporting the % complete of a background DVD+RW format.
- Added: Option to make the program wait longer for the drive (in an auto/embedded/medium changer) to become ready when doing a 'Batch Mode' Read. Option is enabled by default and makes the program wait 5 minutes rather than 5 seconds.
- Added: Support for reading metadata (tags) from M4A music files - which can then be used by CUE sheets to create CD-TEXT info.
- Added: When suggesting a volume label for a BD Video image/disc, the program will now read the disc name specified in the 'BDMV\META\DL\bdmt_eng.xml' file.
- Added: When extracting a boot image, ensure the source and destination aren't the same.
- Added: When extracting a boot image, check for sufficient disk space before starting.
- Added: The ability to format BD-R and enable spare areas (defect management). When using BD-R with spare area, you should disable the 'BD-R Verify Not Required' option otherwise the whole thing is a bit pointless!
- Added/Changed: Prevent Read mode from being used to create (useless) image files of multi-session/track DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray discs and suggest using Build mode to create a new image based on the contents of the disc instead.
- Added/Changed: Tooltip for the 'Free Space' label (Build mode, Information tab) now displays the free space info for previous, current and next 'min required media' formats.
- Added/Changed: Log entry related to supported write speeds.
- Added/Changed: The initial drive scan results in the Log window now show the full firmware version for LG (HL-DT-ST) drives. (e.g. '1.00-A9' rather than just '1.00')
- Changed: Updated bundled Ask toolbar to latest version (188.8.131.52).
- Changed: Made a few tweaks to the 'VirtualTreeView' component code when painting with (Vista+) themes enabled.
- Changed: The 'Reset Copy Permission Indicator Flag' feature now automatically disables itself if the compilation includes an 'AACS_bd' or 'AACS_mv' folder in the root. Previously it only did so if an 'AACS' folder was present.
- Changed: When using the '/FILESYSTEMONLY' switch, the program now also includes anything that would normally come after the file data (i.e. mirror metadata partition or UDF anchors) in the output file.
- Changed: Tweak for detecting conflicting 'preserve full pathnames' setting when attempting to build certain types of images/discs.
- Changed: Renamed 'Test Mode' warning option to 'Test Mode Enabled'.
- Changed: Workaround for the TDateTimePicker control (used in Build mode for custom volume/file/folder dates) not displaying the current value properly under Wine (tested in Ubuntu 11.04 with Wine 1.3.20).
- Changed: Tweak for detecting BD Video builds (where it may previously have treated it as a standard 'data' build or prompted the user)
- Changed: Tweak for detecting DVD Video builds (where it may previously have treated it as a standard 'data' build).
- Changed: The red 'Cancel' button (image) shown on the progress screens now has a 'hot' image so it's more obvious it does something.
- Changed/Fixed: Build mode's 'Advanced' output mode will now check for and remove the destination image file from the list of source files. This was already being done in 'Standard' output mode.
- Changed/Fixed: The DLE window wouldn't restore the Explorer pane's previous selection if it wasn't a file system object - i.e. so it wouldn't restore the selection to '(My) Computer' having closed and reopened the window, but it would restore it to something like 'C:\'.
- Changed/Fixed: Made the 'Patch Boot Information Table' option only available when 'Emulation Type' is set to 'None (Custom)'.
- Fixed: Potential crash when attempting to parse a certain UDF descriptor.
- Fixed: When reading a multi-session/track DVD/HD DVD/ Blu-ray disc to an image file, the program would re-read from the start of the disc for each track (leading to an inflated image).
- Fixed: Added a short pause after setting the read/verify speed so drives can respond to the request. (Workaround for bug in LG BD BH10/BH12 writer firmware that makes them read at 2x)
- Fixed: Unable to save an *Ansi* format 'text' file (CUE, MD5, LOG etc.) when the file name contained Unicode characters.
- Fixed: The 'Sort Files By Source List Order' option of Build mode wasn't working when using Advanced input mode.
- Fixed: The 'Retry' option when attempting to Unload/Reject a disc from a Vinpower/Generic autoloader didn't work.
- Fixed: Synchronisation of options between modes during program initialisation could cause some incorrect values to be restored.
- Fixed: Potential access violation when accessing a certain storage descriptor as the program starts up.
- Fixed: Problem that could cause the 'there are still some queued up images' box to pop up twice when the program has been told to close itself.
- Fixed: Problem that could cause an error box ('Reached End Of File') to pop up just before the burn starts when checking to see if an image file contained BD Video data.
- Fixed: The log window would jump to the wrong location when restoring the application (having previously minimised it) if the Taskbar was located at the side of the screen (rather than top / bottom).
- Fixed: Clicking the red 'Cancel button (image) shown on the progress screens didn't provide any sort of feedback if the program was already cancelling due to an error.
- Fixed: Error attempting to close the track when burning a multi track image (i.e. Audio CD) using the TAO write type.
- Fixed: Couldn't perform Redo (via CTRL+Y) or Undo (via CTRL+Z) in the ISO9660 volume label boxes, they just caused the 'Unacceptable Character' balloon to pop up.
- Fixed: Attempt at a workaround for an issue someone was having where the main window ended up being smaller than the components it contained (so some controls got cut off).
||Released: Thursday 13th January 2011
- Added: Support for Plextor PX-870 / PX-880 / PX-L890 drives to be treated as LiteOn drives (rather than true Plextor drives) by the 'Book Type' / 'Advanced Settings' code. This negates the need to manually enter the Device IDs in the 'Configure Drive OEM' window.
- Added: Support for /NOSAVELOG command line switch (see ReadMe.txt for usage).
- Added: Support for /FILESYSTEMONLY command line switch (see ReadMe.txt for usage).
- Added: Support for relative paths when reading the boot image file name from an IBB file.
- Added: Proper support for CDI images (including multi-track/session ones) via Padus's PfcToc.dll file (must be present where ImgBurn.exe is).
- Changed: Show a little more firmware version information for LG drives on the Device Capabilities window and when checking for firmware updates. This is useful for drives like the BH10LS30 that display 1.00 when the full version number might actually be 1.00-A9.
- Changed: Increased precision of timestamps when 'building' UDF file system.
- Changed/Fixed: DLL loading method to avoid Microsoft Security Advisory (2269637).
- Fixed: An internal table containing file system info during a Read/Verify operation was using an incorrect size value for files when UDF was being used and the files had multiple allocation descriptors spread over multiple sectors. (Only used when logging which file a certain bad sector belongs to)